Recognition of Prior Learning
If you’re thinking about studying or training, think first about what skills you already have. You may be able to reduce the time it takes to get your qualification.
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is about the skills and knowledge you’ve gained through work and life experiences.
RPL is one of a number of processes for establishing credit or advanced standing. RPL broadens access into formal learning by enabling credit to be given for student achievement though other formal, non-formal or informal learning.
RPL involves issuing organisations undertaking an assessment of each individual who applies to determine the extent to which that individual’s previous learning is equivalent to the learning outcomes of the components of the destination qualification.
The Typical RPL process consists of the following:
- Identifying the evidence required
- Providing advice to students about the process
- Providing students with sufficient information to enable them to prepare their evidence.
- Assessing using appropriate evidence-gathering methods
- Recording the outcome
- Reporting to key internal and external stakeholders
If you think you are a suitable candidate for RPL in one of our courses, please contact us.