SHBBSKS005 – Provide micro-dermabrasion treatments
Cost: $1,499 + $110 (admin fee non-refundable)
Duration: 20 hours of study & practical work and includes distance education.
Hours: Mon – Sat (10am – 4pm)
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to use pre-set systems using diamonds and crystals with vacuum suction to exfoliate the skin of the body or face.
It requires the ability to establish priorities with the client and synthesise knowledge of skin science and effects of treatment on skin structure, and to design and provide a safe and effective treatment. Micro-dermabrasion treatment can be an individual service or form part of a series of services.
This unit applies to beauty therapists who work in beauty salons. In this environment they work in a team but exercise judgment in selecting and providing an appropriate treatment.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
- SHBBINF001 – Maintain infection control standards
- Understanding and defining micro-dermabraision
- Anatomy & Physiology, skin types and the effects of micro-dermabraision
- State, territory or local health and hygiene regulations and requirements for the prevention of infection
- Wound healing
- Establishing client requirements, designing and recommending micro dermabraision treatment programs.
- Performing patch test and creating unique treatments.
- Review treatment, provide post treatment advice and cleaning of treatment area
On successful completion, you will receive:
- A Statement of Attainment from SHB50115 – Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- A Record of Results
* Nationally Accredited Unit of Competency
This qualification is Nationally Recognised Training