SIB70110 Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction (Class 4 Laser)
Cost: $14,990 + $750 (admin fee non-refundable)
SIB70110 - Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction has Licensing/Regulatory requirements for experienced beauty therapists to use light technologies, including class 4 equivalent intense pulsed and laser to achieve hair reduction on human skin.
The use of non-ionising radiation for cosmetic treatments is currently subject to licensing under the Queensland Radiation Safety Act 1999, and accreditation of equipment, premises and operator under the Tasmanian Radiation Protection Act 2005.
The Western Australian Radiation Safety Act 1975 imposes conditions, limitations and restrictions on the use of Class 4 lasers. With regard to other states and territories, no licensing, regulatory or certification requirements apply at the time of endorsement. For further information please click on the following link Click Here
This qualification is funded through the National Workforce Development Fund to support the training of existing and new workers in the beauty industry. Due to the funding initiative, BTTA are able to offer this AQF level 8 qualification to prospective students at a greatly reduced cost.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply substantial specialised knowledge and skills to design and safely apply non-ionising radiation treatments using intense pulsed light and laser technologies to reduce unwanted hair on the face and body.
In this role they make complex, high level, independent judgements in consulting with clients and analysing their skin and hair characteristics, designing and evaluating intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs, selecting and using appropriate technology, and applying it within the context of safe client and operator practices and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Ongoing technological developments in this area of practice require the use of broad knowledge and the identification, analysis and evaluation of information from a variety of sources to build personal capability.
Practice may be undertaken in the hair reduction stream of the beauty industry or in other settings where cosmetic laser hair reduction services are offered.
To enrol in the Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction, individuals will need to meet the following entry requirements.
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy or a relevant qualification at Diploma level or above in medical health, including the study of human biology , anatomy and physiology; and
- Significant and relevant vocational experience as a beauty therapist with a primary focus on providing facial services, skin services and hair reduction services;
- Evidence of significant and relevant vocational experience relating to the application of human biology anatomy and physiology knowledge in their respective field.
- HLTIN402B Maintain infection control standards in office practice settings
- SIBBHRS705A Apply intense pulsed light and laser safety protocols
- SIBBHRS706A Design intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatment programs
- SIBBHRS707A Provide intense pulsed light and laser hair reduction treatments
- SIBBRES702A Investigate developments in cosmetic treatments using light or laser systems
Qualification Type: AQF level 8.
On successful completion of the SIB70110 - Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction, you will receive:
- A Testamur for the SIB70110 - Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction, which is a nationally recognised qualification.
- A Record of Results
Specifically designed for students looking to take their education to the next level
- Payment plans up to $40,000
- No stress – the whole process is managed privately by our Consultants
- Up to 7 year terms
- Flexible options
- Fast efficient approvals, simply apply online
To go directly to the Mac Credit application and apply click here
Credit Representative 484002 is authorised under Australian Credit licence 389087
Terms & Conditions:
Speak to MacCredit for a formal quote based on your circumstances and for the full terms and conditions.
A full credit and financial assessment would need to be completed prior to acceptance of any offer or product.